Identify corrupted inheritance
Background / Value
Broken ACLs (Access Control Lists) interfere with the NTFS inheritance on the fileserver. The consequences: The subdirectory does not get the correctly inherited permissions, even though the inheritance is enabled.
Access Rights Manager shows you broken ACLs in a report.
- Select Resources.
- Select the desired file server.
- Click Report.
- Select Report on paths with different access rights.
- You can name the report and add a comment.
- You can change the range of the report.
- Start the report creation.
Open the .XLS file with your spreadsheet application.
- Select the tab of the desired resource.
- Select the third row and add a filter. Filter the column Inheritance corrupted by Yes.