Remove multiple access paths to file server directories
Background / Value
Multiple access rights often occur through nested AD group memberships. They are often a symptom of a confusing group and AD structure. Access rights to a particular resource should only be achieved through one group membership. Access Rights Manager allows you to remove multiple access paths quickly and easily.
- You have identified "Emily Employee" as having multiple access paths.
- Right-click on the account and select "Show in account view" from the context menu.
Use the AD graph to analyze multiple access paths.
Right-click on the account and select "Change group memberships" from the context menu.
- Remove the unnecessary group membership.
- You must enter a comment.
- Start the process.
- After removing all unnecessary group memberships you still need to remove the direct permissions.
- Right-click on the desired directory.
- Select "Modify access rights" from the context menu.
- Right-click on the desired user.
- Select "Remove" from the context menu.
- Start the removal process.
Verify the result in the resource view.