Create SharePoint groups
Background / Value
SharePoint groups can exist separately from Active Directory on a SharePoint server. With Access Rights Manager you can easily create new SharePoint groups.
Select Create a new user account or group on the start page.
Select the template for the desired SharePoint resource.
- Specify a name for the new group.
- Optional: Enter a description.
- Select the site collection to which the group is assigned.
- Use the search to specify an owner.
- Select who can see the members of the group.
- Select who can edit the group memberships.
- Determine how membership requests are handled.
- Specify credentials that have the permissions to create the new group on SharePoint.
- You must enter a comment.
- Start the execution.