Request file server access rights
Background / Value
Employees can request access rights to file server directories from Data Owners by using the GrantMA self-service portal.
You can configure a variety of different processes and involve the relevant decision makers, depending on your security requirements.
Manage my requests
GrantMA: Design approval processes (administrator)
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click "Login".
- You can alternatively login as the current windows user (no user name and password required).
Click "Create new request".
- ARM shows you as the applicant only the resources that can be ordered.
- Use the search to find the desired resource quickly.
- Navigate through available resources.
- Click on a link to drill down further.
- Check the box if you want to request access to more than one folder.
- Click "Request".
- Select the desired kind of access.
- Set an activation date.
- Optional: Set an expiration date.
Depending on your ARM configuration the approver may be able to modify the request.
- Click "Add to shopping cart".
- You can delete order items.
- Add a recipient to your order. You are able to request access for other users.
- Remove the recipient. You can also remove yourself and only request access for other users.
- You must enter a comment. Give a good reason so that the approver can make a wise decision.
- Start the request.