Remove corrupted inheritance
Background / Value
Broken ACLs (Access Control Lists) interfere with permission inheritances on file servers. As a consequence the sub-directory will not inherit the correct permissions, despite this feature being activated. ARM displays "Broken ACLs" and removes them by reapplying the inheritance.
Identify errors in inheritance in the webclient and fix them in bulk
- Select "Resources".
- Expand the frame.
- ARM lists all subdirectories with deviating permissions.
- The yellow lock indicates a corrupted inheritance.
Use the sort function in the "Inheritance" column for long lists.
- Select an entry.
- ARM shows you in all details which permissions are different compared to the parent directory.
- Select the subdirectory where you want to correct the corrupted inheritance.
- or 3. Click "Change Inheritance".
- Enable inheritance.
- Enforce inheritance for all subdirectories.
- You must enter a comment.
- Start the execution.