Create a mailbox in Exchange Online (assign an Office 365 license)
Background / Value
With ARM you can create mailboxes in Exchange Online by assigning an Office 365 license that includes Exchange Online.
Create a new user account in Azure Active Directory
Create a mailbox in Exchange on-premise
- Use the search in Accounts view to find the desired user.
- Find the desired user in the section "Azure AD Accounts".
- If needed, configure the search options to include Azure AD Accounts in the search results.
You need a configured and scanned Azure AD resource to perform this action. Please see Azure AD scans.
- Right-click on the desired user tile.
- Select Change license.
- Activate a license that includes Exchange Online.
- You must enter a comment.
- Start the process.