GrantMA: Design approval processes
Administrators spend a lot of time on the assignment of access rights. In the classical process the decision (Manager) over access rights is separated from the technical implementation (Administrator).
The administrator does not know who should have which rights and becomes a mere exporter of orders.
It is much more efficient to combine the responsibility and technical implementation of access rights into one smooth process. This way only the actors necessary for the process to work are involved. ARM GrantMA uses a workflow that only involves an employee and their supervisor (Data Owner).
- The employee requests access rights to needed resources via a web portal.
- The data owner decides which requests are approved for his area of responsibility.
The GrantMA workflow has the following advantages:
- The Administrator is no longer part of the process and can focus on his core responsibilities.
- The Data Owner decides who can access which information since he is the one that knows which employees need access to which resources in order to do their job.
- All changes are saved in the ARM logbook.
If more complex workflows with several decision-makers are required to grant access rights, you can also quickly map them.
Define individual approval flows
Background / Value
ARM GrantMA allows you to design individual approval workflows for each organizational category. You can design as many steps in the process as required. The last approver in the process is also the one making the formal change request.
- Select Workflows.
- Click New workflow.
- Give the workflow a title.
- Provide a brief, concise description of the workflow's purpose.
- Name the approval step.
- Add one or more approvers.
You can also add multiple approvers for any step, which can be useful in case of vacation or illness.
- Describe the approval step.
- Add any additional steps in the approval process.
- Add an additional step.
- Delete an approval step.
- Generate the workflow.
- You have created a new workflow. ARM switches to the "Manage workflows" view.
- Click on a workflow to make changes.
- Delete the workflow.
Assign approval flows to resources
Background / Value
Different resources need different approval flows. With the ARM data owner configuration you can connect available resources with individual approval flows.
Start the ARM configuration application and select "Data Owner".
- Select an organizational category.
- Assign the desired workflow.