Install the web components
The following table lists the web components and their corresponding applications and processes.
|Web component||Application and process|
|Analyze & Act||For flexible reports and bulk operations.|
|Recertification||For periodic access rights review and approval by data owners.|
|GrantMA||For web-based requests.|
|WebAPI||For accessing the user interface and enabling ARM functionality use in other applications.|
You can run web components on the Access Rights Manager server or any other Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
During the installation procedure, the required IIS components are automatically installed, if needed. Make sure the host server is connected to the Internet.
If you performed an Evaluation Installation, the web components are already installed on the Access Rights Manager server. The following steps are only required for a Production Installation with the Web Components running on a dedicated web server.
Download the installer
Download the installer from the Customer Portal.
Go to the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
If you do not have a SolarWinds account, see Access the Customer Portal to create an account.
- Enter your login credentials, and then click Log In.
- Click Downloads > Download Product.
- Click the Products drop-down menu and select Access Rights Manager (ARM).
- Click the Licenses drop-down menu and select your license type.
- In the Access Rights Manager (ARM) row, click the Product version drop-down menu and select the targeted ARM version.
- Click Download.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the download.
- Copy the Access Rights Manager Setup.exe file into a local folder. Do not use a network folder.
Run the installer
Right-click the installer and select Run As Administrator.
By default, the system language is set to the language of your operating system. The supported languages are English, French, and German. If your language is not supported, English is selected by default.
On the Welcome page select Advanced Installation, and then click Next.
In the Install Options screen, select Custom Installation and ARM Web Components (Web Client/Web API), and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.