Identify folders with special protection
Background / Value
Sub-directories often contain different access rights compared to its "parent" directory. Access Rights Manager shows all directories where these rights differ. Disabled inheritances are often an indicator of highly restricted directories.
- Select Resources.
- Select the desired file server.
- Click Report.
- Select Report on paths with different access rights.
- You can name the report and add a comment.
- If desired you can adjust the range of the report.
- Start the report.
- Open the .XLSX file with your spreadsheet application.
- Open the resource tab.
- We recommend using a filter to analyze the Inheritance activated column. If set to Off the report shows all directories with disabled inheritance.