Identify folders with special protection
Background / Value
Sub-directories often contain different access rights compared to its "parent" directory. ARM shows all directories where these rights differ. Disabled inheritances are often an indicator of highly restricted directories.
- Select Resources.
- Select the desired file server.
- Click Report.
- Select Report on paths with different access rights.
- You can name the report and add a comment.
- If desired you can adjust the range of the report.
- Start the report.
- Open the .XLSX file with your spreadsheet application.
- Open the resource tab.
- We recommend using a filter to analyze the Inheritance activated column. If set to Off the report shows all directories with disabled inheritance.