To ensure successful communication between the ARM server and collector both components must be present in the same version.
ARM performs automatic updates of all collectors automatically (via push method), as long as a network connection is active.
Up to 2 collectors are updated simultaneously.
Starting with version 2020.2.2 it is necessary to specify the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) as name of the collector.
Specifying an IP address or the NetBIOS name is no longer sufficient.
To change an existing collector configuration, proceed as follows:
- Start the ARM configuration application and log in.
- On the home page, click on the tile in the upper right corner, which shows the status of the collectors.
- Right-click on a collector configuration where you want to change the name of the collector. Choose Rename Collector from the context menu.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the collector in the dialog box. A green checkmark at the end of the input field indicates that the collector is reachable (successful ping).
- Complete the renaming process by clicking on Apply.