Order script-based services
Background / Value
In addition to ordering user accounts, authorizations, directories or freely definable objects (OpenOrder), other script-based services can be ordered via the web client.
The IT defines a service that can be executed via a script. The service gets a meaningful name (for example, "order a project structure on the fileserver"). The employee orders the service in the GrantMA and enters the basic data via a template. After the individually configurable approval flow, the script is started automatically.
Configure scripts (Administrator)
The following example, a user requests a project folder structure.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click "Login".
- You can alternatively login as the current windows user (no user name and password required).
Select the organizational category that contains the service. In the example here "Marketing".
Select the service "Create project folder" and click on "Request".
Enter the parameters for the script. In the example:
- Assign a name to the project folder.
- Choose a year. In the example, the "parent folder" under which the project structure is created.
- Click on "Add to cart".
Complete the order:
- Click on "Shopping cart".
- You can cancel your request.
- Enter a comment.
- Click on "Apply".
After the approval the folder structure is generated by script "outside" of ARM. In order for the new folders to be visible within ARM, the corresponding directory must be rescanned.
- Select "Resources".
- Navigate to the desired folder.
- Right-click on the folder and select "Rescan directory" from the context menu.