Delete polling engines in the SolarWinds Platform
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products.
This method for deleting polling engines from your SolarWinds environment is only available for polling engines that no longer have objects assigned for monitoring.
If you want to delete an existing polling engine to which monitored objects are currently assigned, use Node Management to reassign monitored objects to other polling engines, and delete the polling engine as indicated in this procedure. See Change polling engine node assignments in the SolarWinds Platform.
To delete a polling engine which has no objects assigned:
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click Polling Engines in the Details group.
- Click the polling engine to delete. You will see a banner informing you that the polling engine has no assigned elements.
- Click Delete polling engine in the upper right corner of the screen and click Delete in the confirmation message.