Explore cloud instances and VMs on the Cloud Summary page
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
IPAM — NAM — NPM — SAM — VMAN
To quickly review status and metrics for your cloud infrastructure, cloud instances and VMs in the SolarWinds Platform Web Console, click Dashboards > Cloud to display the Cloud Summary page. You can also use this page to drill down and display specific details about a cloud instance or VM.
If you have multiple SolarWinds Platform products installed, you can view information specific for them in subviews.
Review summary information on monitored clouds
Use the Search Instances field to find instances/VMs and volumes quickly. Click hyperlinks to access more details quickly. Hover over points to compare collected data and linked alerts.
- The Cloud Instances Status Summary shows various metrics. Values that exceed thresholds are colored to indicate warning (orange) and critical (red) values.
- The Cloud Asset Summary displays totals for instances/VMs, attached volumes, and storage capacity, grouped by cloud service provider.
- The Cloud Server Infrastructure section groups instances/VMs by cloud account and region.
- The Active Cloud Alerts section lists unacknowledged alerts currently affecting cloud instances/VMs.
- The Cloud Volumes Performance section includes various volume-related metrics.
- The Cloud Applications with Problems section lists applications with issues on cloud instances managed as nodes in SAM.
- If you have NPM installed, In/Out Gateway Traffic by Region widget lists regions with in and out traffic. Click a region to go to the list of gateways in the selected region.
Review status and metrics for a specific cloud instance
Hover over the name of cloud instance/VM to display details about it.
If an instance/VM is a managed node, additional data such as CPU usage and packet loss displays.
Monitor cloud performance and usage
To track performance and usage trends, you may want to focus on the following resources:
- Active Alerts lists active alerts affecting the cloud instance/VM.
- Min/Max/Average of Average CPU load displays average CPU load collected and calculated for the cloud instance/VM.
- Min/Max/Average of Network Utilization provides a chart of the minimum, maximum, and average bits per second transmitted and received over a cloud instance for a custom period of time.
Monitor Cloud DNS Zones (IPAM only)
If you have IPAM installed, the Cloud Summary view has a Cloud DNS Zones subview. See the IPAM Administrator Guide for more details.
Monitor Virtual Network Gateways (NPM only)
If you have NPM installed, click the Virtual Network Gateways subview to display a list of Azure Network Gateways.
You can search and filter for a gateway, see the provision status, status, public IP, the traffic on the gateway and the number of site-to-site connections.
You can open individual listed gateways in PerfStack.
Site-to-Site Connections (NPM only)
Click the Site-to-Site Connections subview to display a list of monitored site-to-site connections on your Azure account.
You can filter the list and search for a specific connection, see the IP range, encryption, hashing, traffic, and the relevant VNet and VPN gateway information.
Click a Site-to-Site connection to open it in PerfStack.
To open multiple Site-to-Site connections in PerfStack, select the boxes and click Open in PerfStack.