Export and import reports in the SolarWinds Platform
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products except for the following products:
ETS — LA — WPM
To share a custom report between two SolarWinds Sites, you can export it as XML and then import it at another site.
Select a supported format based on how you want to use the exported file.
- Export a report as XML to a different SolarWinds Site.
- Export a report as XML to share it with another SolarWinds Site. You can also export a report to an Excel spreadsheet.
- EOC can also import reports from connected SolarWinds Sites.
- To export a report to PDF, click Print, and select your default PDF printer.
- See Export reports from Report Writer for the Report Writer workflow. The Report Writer is a legacy feature that you can access on your SolarWinds Platform server.
|Supported Formats||SolarWinds Platform Web Console||Report Writer|
|HTML and MHTML||✓|
|Image (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, etc.)||✓|
Export reports as XML
You can save reports from the SolarWinds Platform Web Console in XML format and import them back.
- Click Reports > All Reports in the menu bar, and click Manage Reports in the upper right corner.
- Display the web-based reports.
- Click the report > Export/Import, and then click Export Report.
- Click Save.
Import XML reports
When importing a report, ensure you have the same SolarWinds Platform products installed as the deployment the report was exported from. If the original deployment had an extra SolarWinds Platform product installed, the report might include data sources not available in your deployment, and the import might fail.
Click Reports > All Reports in the menu bar, and click Manage Reports in the upper-right corner.
Display the web-based reports.
Click Export/Import, and then click Import Report.
Navigate to the required XML file on a network drive, and then click Open.
The file will be imported and its name displayed at the top of the list of reports.
If you imported a report with the same name as an existing report, it will be prefixed with "Copy of".
Export reports to Excel spreadsheets from the SolarWinds Platform Web Console
The Export to Excel button is only displayed if the report contains only custom table resources. Other resources cannot be converted to the Excel format.
- Click Reports > All Reports in the menu bar, and click Manage Reports in the upper-right corner.
- Open the report.
- Click either Export as Excel.