Limitations to Packet Analysis Sensors
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM
The number of nodes you can monitor is limited by the data throughput per node, the number of cores, and the amount of RAM available on the monitoring server.
The system requirements increase for every 100 Mbps of traffic.
Packet Analysis Sensor Limits
- Maximum throughput (NPAS and SPAS): 1 Gbps
- Maximum number of nodes per sensor (NPAS): 50 nodes
- Maximum number of node and application pairs
(NPAS and SPAS): 50,000 pairs
- Maximum number of sensors deployed on your network: 1,000 sensors
- Maximum number of applications per node or sensor
(NPAS and SPAS): 1,000 applications per node