Deploy agents to monitored nodes
This topic applies only to the following SolarWinds Platform products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — LA — NAM — NPM — SAM — SCM — SRM — VMAN*
The SolarWinds Platform server must be able to communicate with the remote nodes. To monitor Linux/Unix-based nodes, TCP port 22 (outbound) must be open on the SolarWinds Platform server or additional polling engine and open (inbound) on the node you want to monitor.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Agents.
- Click Add Agent.
- Select Deploy the agent on my network.
- On the Deploy Agent on Network page, choose where you want to install the agent.
- The IP address field does not accept ranges.
- Enter an IP address or host name of a node that has not be managed.
- Click Next.
- Select a node and click Assign Credentials.
- These credentials are only used to connect to the remote device and install the agent software. After the agent is deployed, the credentials may change with no impact to the deployed agent.
- The credentials must have administrator or root-level privileges. On Linux/Unix-based computers, you can connect with one credential set and then use another credential to use
sudofor package installation. Most Linux/Unix distributions require the user's password when using
sudo. Other distributions, such as SUSE, may require the root password. Depending on your Linux/Unix distribution, enter the required credential for the Include Credentials with Elevated Privileges to install the package.
- You can assign credentials to multiple locations or nodes by selecting multiple entries.
- Click Deploy Agent.
When the installation is successful and communication between the agent and the SolarWinds Platform server is successful, the agent is listed on the Manage Agents page.