Create new alerts to monitor your environment with the SolarWinds Platform
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — IPAM — LA — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SCM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
Navigate to the Alert Manager in the SolarWinds Platform to create a completely new alert definition, or duplicate an alert that is similar to the alert you want to create.
- Enter the alert properties, which includes who can view the alert, severity, and how frequently the alert conditions are evaluated.
- Define the conditions must exist to trigger the alert.
- Define what event occurs to reset the alert.
- Schedule when you want the alert to monitor your environment.
- Define what happens when an alert is triggered.
- Define what happens when the alert is reset.
- Review your alert, including the number of alerts that will be triggered based on the conditions you defined.
You can skip to different steps if you clicked Duplicate & Edit or if you are editing a saved alert.
Once you have created an alert, it is added to the list of available alerts in the Alert Manager. When the alert is enabled, it immediately monitors your environment for the conditions necessary to trigger it.