Edit group properties or change the group members
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products.
You can edit the properties of an existing group, or add and remove objects. If you remove an object from the group and that object has triggered an alert while it was a member of the group, the alert continues to be active until it's acknowledged.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Node & Group Management grouping, click Manage Groups.
- Select a group you want to edit, and click Edit Properties.
To create custom properties, open Manage Custom Properties in a new tab.
To add or remove the group members, click Add & Remove Objects.
You can also change group members directly on the Manage Groups page.
Manually or automatically select objects for this group.
- Select the check box next to the object to select object manually.
Automatically select group members based on shared properties by clicking Add Dynamic Query and creating conditions.
Click Preview to verify that the dynamic query is selecting the intended objects.
Edit an existing query by selecting a dynamic query, and clicking Edit Dynamic Query.
- To remove an object or query from a group, select the query or object, and click Remove.
- Click Submit to save the edited objects and queries.
- Click Submit again to save the group.