Restart IIS sites or application pools in the SolarWinds Platform
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
NAM — NTA — SAM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
If IIS or application pools are experiencing performance or resource issues, you can use an alert to restart them.
You must know the IIS Server name and the Site or Application Pool to restart a remote instance of IIS.
- When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
- Select Restart IIS Site/Application Pool from the options, and then click Configure Action.
- Expand Restart IIS Site/Application Pool Settings.
- Select the IIS Action to Perform from the drop down list.
- Choose the Site or Application Pool.
Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.
This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
Click Add Action.
The action is added to the trigger or reset action list, and you can test the action using the Simulate button. When the trigger or reset conditions of the alert are met, the selected site or pool restarts.