Edit a dependency between network objects
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products.
Automatic Dependencies cannot be edited.
Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click Manage Dependencies in the Node & Group Management grouping.
- Select a dependency, and click Edit.
- Select the parent object or group, and click Next.
To define a dependency so that the reported states of child objects depend on the status of multiple parent objects, create a group including all parent objects, and select it on this view.
- Select the child object or group, and click Next.
To define a dependency so that the reported states of multiple child objects depend on the status of one or more parent objects, create a group including all child objects, and select it on this view.
- Review the settings for the dependency. If there are active alerts on child objects, they are listed on this view. If the parent object is down, the listed alerts might be suppressed.
- Click Submit.
Changes are saved to the dependency. Active alerts that affect members of the dependency stay active until acknowledged, even if you remove the object from the dependency.