Delete a container service
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
SAM — VMAN
Some containers are created for long-term use, but many are transient and only needed for a specific, temporary purpose. By default, container data is deleted from child nodes automatically after seven days with no activity, but Orion Aggregator containers remain on master nodes until you delete the related container service, as described here.
You may also need to delete a container service if:
- The password for the Orion admin account used to add a container service changes. Containers use Orion credentials to push data from container environments to the Orion Platform. If the password changes, container status switches to Unknown. You'll need to delete the container service and then add it back again.
- FIPS mode is enabled. Until the container data is removed from Linux nodes and the service is removed, polling continues.
To delete a container service:
Log into the Orion Web Console as an Orion administrator.
- Delete container data from nodes. Steps vary depending on the container service involved, as described in:
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Container Services.
- On the Container Services page, select the container service you want to delete.
After you delete container data from nodes, the status of the related container service should switch to Down.
Wait for the list of container services to refresh, which may take up to 10 minutes — the equivalent of two polling intervals.