Troubleshooting Analysis Projects
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products except for the following products:
ETS — IPAM — UDT
I do not see all the data I expect
- The collected data depends on the products you install and how they are configured. For example, you cannot display storage I/O data without installing and configuring SRM.
- You may not have access to the data. The data displayed depends on your account limitations.
- The entities may not have data during the time period you view. For example, a node under maintenance does not have data during that time frame because the node is not polled.
- You may be examining a time before the node was added.
- The data may not exist in the database.
I do not see key entities
The Performance Analysis dashboard respects account limitations. If your account is restricted from viewing certain entities or nodes, you cannot view the data in the Performance Analysis dashboard.
Not all metrics I add are charted or data does not display correctly after I add more metrics
This is usually due to browser limitations. Changes to the Performance Analysis dashboards are reflected in the URL. If you have a large amount of data, the URL may exceed the character limit for URLs in your particular browser.
Save the troubleshooting project to compress the URL and continue to edit it.
Some entities do not have metrics
Metrics without data do not display in the metric palette.
Some metrics do not line up or change when I expand or contract the time frame
We use up to 240 data points to create the charts. On larger time frames, the data can be slightly distorted due to how many data points are used to create the chart. Additionally, data points are averaged and become more granular as you contract the time frame.
The charts include different information when I share them
The person looking at the shared chart may have account limitations applied or have different account limitations.
Real-Time Polling does not work
The node may be down, or the underlying polling method, such as SNMP, may be unresponsive.