Optimize Orion Platform views/classic dashboards for TV screens or mobile devices
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
A Network Operations Center (NOC) view provides a single page view of critical statistics that can fit on a TV screen or a mobile device. If you define multiple subviews, they rotate automatically on the screen, each subview available as a separate slide.
Headers and footers are compressed in NOC views, increasing the available space to display widgets.
NOC views are only supported for classic dashboards/views.
Enable NOC Views
- Log in to the Orion Web Console using an account with the Manage Views privilege.
- Open a view/classic dashboard, and click the Customize Page (pencil) icon > Page Settings in the top left corner of the view.
- Select Enable NOC view mode.
- If the view contains several subviews, select the rotation interval for the subview.
To get a direct link to a NOC view, use the Link to NOC View link.
- Click Done & Go to NOC View.
The view is now displayed in the NOC mode, with a compressed header and footer, and without the left navigation area.
If more subviews are defined for the view, you can see circles in the top right corner. The currently active tab is displayed in orange.
To resume the original view with left navigation, click the NOC Settings icon in the top right corner of the view and click Exit NOC Mode.
To add, remove widgets, or add subviews, click NOC Settings icon > Customize page.
Manage NOC Views
You can display a list of all NOC views defined in your Orion to get a better understanding of your NOC views. From the NOC views list, you can easily add, edit or manage your NOC views.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- In the Views grouping, click Created NOC views.
You can view NOC views from any view. Click Customize Page, and click List of created NOC views in the NOC view section.
- Manage the NOC views:
- To add a new view, click Add New View.
- To edit a NOC view, select the view, and click Edit.
- To disable a NOC view and maintain the default view, select the view and click Disable NOC.
Change the NOC view logo
You can hide the default SolarWinds logo on the NOC view, or use a customized image in the top left corner of your NOC views.
- Supported image formats: .png, .jpg
- Maximum resolution: 900x200 px
To use a customized logo on your NOC views:
- If you already are in a NOC view, click the NOC Settings icon and select Customize NOC View Logo.
- To hide the logo, clear the NOC View Logo option.
- To change the logo:
- Make sure that NOC View Logo is selected.
- Click the Browse button for NOC View Logo and navigate to the appropriate logo image.
By default, the SolarWinds logo is used on NOC views. It is available as
/NetPerfMon/imageson your Orion server.
- Click Submit to apply your changes in the view.