Add objects on a Network Atlas map for the Orion Platform
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
DPAIM — EOC — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
- SolarWinds NPM nodes, interfaces, volumes, and Universal Device Pollers (UnDPs)
- SAM applications and components
- VoIP & Network Quality Manager operations
- Network Atlas maps
- Network links
To add objects on a map:
- Open the Network Atlas.
- If you are creating a new map, click the Network Atlas button (), and click New Map.
- If you are adding objects to an existing map:
- Click the Network Atlas button ().
- Click Open Map.
- Navigate to your existing map, and click Open.
- Expand and navigate the node tree in the left pane to locate the network nodes and monitored objects you want to add to your map.
- Drag selected objects onto the drawing area.
- To add all the objects of a type on a node to your map, click + next to the node name to reveal all its associated monitored network objects, and drag all objects in the object group onto the drawing area.
- A check mark () next to a node or network resource indicates you have already added it to your map.
- To view details about a map object, hover over it with the mouse pointer.
- To locate a specific map object in your map, click its network resource in the left pane. This selects the map object.