Send an email or page in the SolarWinds Platform
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — IPAM — LA — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SCM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
This action sends an email from the product to selected recipients for the investigation into the cause of the alert.
Before configuring this alert you must first configure the default SMTP server the product uses to send an email. You can change the default SMTP server later or use different SMTP servers for specific alerts.
You need the following information:
- The SMTP host name or IP address
- The SMTP port number
- Whether the SMTP server uses SSL
- The SMTP credentials, if necessary
- Default sender email address
Configure the SMTP server in the alert action or from the Settings page.
For more instructions about configuring the SMTP server, see Add an SMTP server in the SolarWinds Platform.
When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
- Select the Send an Email/Page option, then click Configure Action.
Enter recipients and the message.
- You must provide at least one email address in the To field, and multiple addresses must be separated by commas. Some pager systems require a valid reply address to complete the page.
- Messaging is disabled if both the Subject and Message fields are empty.
- Enter the SMTP information.
Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.
This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
Click Add Action.