Create and assign report schedules for the SolarWinds Platform in Report Manager
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — EOC — IPAM — NAM — NCM — NPM — SAM — SCM — SRM — UDT — VMAN
The Report Manager provides a list of all reports that have been set up for your SolarWinds Platform web-based reports. You can create schedules and assign reports to schedules.
Create a report schedule
- Select a report.
- Click on Schedule Report > Create New Schedule to display the Properties view.
- Add additional reports to this schedule by clicking Assign another Report.
Click Assign Webpage to include a snapshot of the selected website, and enter the URL in the field displayed. You can assign multiple webpages.
Start each URL with
- Expand Advanced Settings to specify a user account so that its limitations are applied to this schedule. Click Another User, and enter the User name or Account ID and Password.
- Click Next to display the Frequency view.
Click Add Frequency, and then select when you want to run the report.
Click Add Time to select additional dates and times.
- To delay when the report runs, select Specific Date in the Starting On field, and then select the date and time when you want the schedule to start.
- To stop the report from running automatically, select Ending On, and then select the date and time when you want the schedule to end.
- Click Add Frequency, and then click Next to display the Actions view.
- Click Add Action, and select the action (Email, Print, or Save to Disk) to be executed on the configured schedule.
- Click Configure Action.
For email actions, enter the recipients, the message, and the SMTP server.
Select Include Report's URL to allow recipients to access the report remotely.
- For print actions, enter the Windows credentials necessary to access your printer, the printer, and print settings.
For save actions, enter the location you want to save the report to, the credentials in
domain\usernameformat, and the file type you want to save the report as. The location must be accessible from the SolarWinds Platform Web Console server.
- Click Add Action.
- Click Next to display the Summary view.
- If the schedule summary is correct, click Create Schedule.
The schedule is displayed in the Schedule Manager.
Assign a report to a schedule or multiple schedules
- Select one or more reports.
- Click Schedule Report > Assign Existing Schedule.
- Select the schedule or schedules in the Assign existing schedule list and clicking Assign Schedule(s) to confirm that you want to assign the report.