Install and configure the SolarWinds Platform Alert Integration application in ServiceNow
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — VNQM
The SolarWinds Alert Integration application enables the communication between your SolarWinds server and the ServiceNow® instance.
After downloading the SolarWinds Alert Integration application from the ServiceNow store, deploy the application in ServiceNow.
- Navigate to your downloaded system applications.
- Locate the SolarWinds Alert Integration application, and click Install.
When the installation is complete, the caption of the Install button will change to Installed.
After the installation is complete, SolarWinds recommends that you create a ServiceNow integration user with Web service access only.
Create a ServiceNow integration user with Web service access only
- Navigate to the user administration section in ServiceNow, and create a new user.
- Provide a user ID, a password, and other required information.
- Specify that the new user should have Web service access only.
- Edit the newly created user, and add the
x_sow_intapp.integration_userrole to the role list.
After installing the integration application and creating an integration user, you can now configure the integration with ServiceNow in your SolarWinds Platform server.