Share SolarWinds Platform views with non-SolarWinds Platform Web Console users
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products.
Any URL referring directly to a SolarWinds Platform Web Console page bypasses the login screen, logging the user into the DirectLink account. If the DirectLink account does not exist, users are directed to the login page.
- The DirectLink account is created like any other account, and it can include custom views and account limitations.
- If you embed a view in another website, you may need to either disable cross-frame (X-Frame) protection in your IIS configuration, or add the website to the X-Frame-Options header in IIS. SolarWinds enables cross-frame protection by default to decrease security risks. Consult microsoft.com for more information.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the User Accounts grouping, click Manage Accounts.
- Click Add New Account.
- Type DirectLink as the User Name.
- Type a Password, confirm it, and click Next.
- Edit DirectLink account options. See Define what users can access and do in the SolarWinds Platform.
- Click Submit.
You can now share SolarWinds Platform Web Console views with colleagues without a user account. When you share the link, the login screen is bypassed, the DirectLink account automatically logs in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console, and your colleagues can see the data.