Deploy the agent manually to a Windows computer
This topic applies only to the following SolarWinds Platform products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
LA — NAM — NPM — SAM — SCM — SRM — VMAN*
Selecting this deployment method may be helpful to troubleshoot connectivity issues with the SolarWinds Platform server. This method is also helpful when the SolarWinds Platform server cannot communicate directly with the computer where the agent will be installed.
Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
Under Product Specific Settings, click Agent & Remote Collector. Then, on the Agent Management view, click Download Agent Software.
In Orion Platform 2020.2 and earlier, click Agent Settings to get to the Agent Management view with the Download Agent Software link.
- Click Windows, and click Next.
- Click Install Manually, and click Next.
- Click Download MSI.
- Copy the MSI file to the client machine, and run it.
- In the Installation wizard, select Agent Initiated Communication or SolarWinds Platform server Initiated Communication.
- Enter the SolarWinds Platform server IP address or hostname, and the SolarWinds Platform administrator account credentials.
- Optional: For Server-initiated communication (passive), in the SolarWinds Platform Web Console:
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Agents > Add Agent.
- Click Connect to a previously installed agent > click Next.
- Enter the name, IP address, and port number for the agent and click Server-initiated communication.
When the installation is successful and communication between the agent and the SolarWinds Platform server is successful, the agent is listed on the Manage Agents page.