Integrate a SolarWinds Platform product with ServiceNow
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — VNQM
Integrate your SolarWinds Platform product with ServiceNow® to automatically open new ServiceNow tickets based on critical events defined in your SolarWinds Platform product.
The integration with ServiceNow allows for two-way communication between your SolarWinds Platform product and ServiceNow. By integrating the two systems, you can:
- Automatically create incidents in ServiceNow and assign them to the correct tech or group
- Synchronize the acknowledgment of alerts and tickets in SolarWinds Platform and ServiceNow
- Update, close, and reopen tickets
- Suppress ticket storms
You can integrate one SolarWinds Platform product with multiple ServiceNow instances.
The integration requires NPM 12.0, SAM 6.3, or any other SolarWinds Platform product running Orion Platform 2016.1 or later.
Before you begin
Before you can configure the integration details in your SolarWinds Platform product, check the prerequisites and configure your ServiceNow instance.
- The communication between the SolarWinds server and the ServiceNow instance uses HTTPS port 443. Open this port for outbound communication.
- For minimum hardware and software requirements, see the administrator guide of your product.
- Download the ServiceNow integration application from the ServiceNow app store.
- Install the integration app and configure your ServiceNow instance for the integration.
SolarWinds does not integrate with ServiceNow Express or on-prem offerings.