Monitor nodes with a network sensor
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
NAM — NPM
Nodes are automatically detected and monitored when network traffic originates from or terminates at a node. However, you can manually specify the nodes after the network sensor has been successfully deployed. For information about adding applications, see Monitor applications for QoE.
You can monitor up to 50 nodes per network sensor.
Add nodes automatically
While Network Sensors automatically detect and monitor nodes by default, the settings may have changed or you may have upgraded from a version of QoE that does not automatically monitor nodes. QoE automatically monitors the first 50 nodes with traffic.
- Automatic node discovery may not be 100% accurate due to devices with the same IP addresses in your network.
- Only nodes that meet the criteria selected in Nodes with QoE Traffic are added automatically.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click QoE Settings > Manage Global QoE Settings.
- Select Active in Auto-detect QoE nodes.
- Change other settings to refine the number of nodes you automatically monitor. See Global QoE Settings for more information on the settings.
- Click Submit.
It may take some time for the settings to apply.
Add nodes manually
If a node is already monitored and you want to monitor it with a different sensor, you must delete the node from the original sensor before you can add it to the new network sensor.
- Navigate to the Manage QoE Packet Analysis Sensors page.
- Expand the Network sensor that you want to add a node to.
- Click the Add Node to Monitor button.
- On the Create QoE Node page, choose the managed nodes you want to monitor with this network sensor.
- On the Select QoE Applications page, choose the applications you want to monitor for these nodes. See Monitor applications for QoE for more information.
- Review your selections on the Summary page.
- Click Finish.
View the nodes and applications selected by expanding the Network Sensor you just configured.