Troubleshoot cloud monitoring with PerfStack
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
IPAM — NAM — NPM — SAM — VMAN
Use the Performance Analysis Dashboard (PerfStack) to troubleshoot multi-faceted issues in cloud applications and infrastructure. Create consolidated data views as charts and graphs to collect and compare metrics, data, and logs for end-to-end hybrid troubleshooting for monitored and managed nodes and more.
Instead of reviewing numerous views and resources in the SolarWinds Platform Web Console depending on the SolarWinds Platform products, features, metrics, and nodes involved, use the Performance Analysis dashboard to:
- Visualize correlated data to analyze metrics, relationships, and data.
- Compile all metrics into a single dashboard to analyze and find key issues,
- Merge metrics into charts to see gaps and spikes.
- Spot trending issues by examining the history of alerts, metrics, usage, and more.
- Determine when performance starts to ebb and flow across resources and applications.
- Continue monitoring resources after resolving issues to verify performance.
For example, if a monitor detects an issue for a cloud-based application, an alert may be triggered to notify the application owner who may escalate the issue to a network or system administrator. Instead of searching for alerts on Node Details pages for the monitored application, server, and network, the owner can create a project on the PerfStack dashboard to investigate the issue and send those details to administrators to speed resolution and reduce downtime.
To access PerfStack in the SolarWinds Platform Web Console, click My Dashboards > Home > Performance Analysis. Add Entities to create a new analysis project and search for the element experiencing performance issues. For details, see Troubleshoot network issues with Performance Analysis dashboards in the SolarWinds Success Center. The SolarWinds online IT community, THWACK, also includes PerfStack information and videos.