Poll and rediscover devices immediately
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products.
SolarWinds Platform products regularly poll devices for statistics and status, as specified in the Polling Settings. Discoveries run according to a schedule.
Use the Rediscover option to update node data that do not change often, such as machine type, system name, or location.
You can poll a device or rediscover a node manually at any time.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Select the entity you want to poll or rediscover.
- To poll the selected entity, click Poll Now.
- To rediscover the selected entity, click More > Rediscover.
Your SolarWinds Platform polls the entity, or rediscovers static data.