Create network maps for the SolarWinds Platform in Network Atlas
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — EOC — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
Before you start creating maps, prepare a map management strategy. Consider the following recommendations:
- Map only static objects. If objects move, you need to adjust their location on maps, and it is difficult to keep maps up-to-date.
- Build maps to match the column width of your SolarWinds Platform Web Console views. Rescaling maps in views results in distorting of icons and texts.
To create a network map:
- Start the Network Atlas in the SolarWinds program folder.
- Provide your SolarWinds Platform Web Console credentials.
- If you are launching Network Atlas on the local computer, type localhost into Address. If you are starting Network Atlas on a remote computer, provide the IP address of the main polling engine.
- Click Connect.
- Click Network Map in the Create New section.
A new empty network map will open in the Network Atlas.
Customize the map:
- Add objects on a Network Atlas map for the SolarWinds Platform
- Automatically connect objects on Network Atlas maps in the SolarWinds Platform with ConnectNow
- Connect objects on Network Atlas maps manually in the SolarWinds Platform
- Specify interfaces that determine the status of connections on Network Atlas maps for the SolarWinds Platform
- Configure the display of connections on Network Atlas maps for the SolarWinds Platform
- Reshape Network Atlas map links for the SolarWinds Platform
- Add a background to Network Atlas maps for the SolarWinds Platform
- Save Network Atlas maps for the SolarWinds Platform
- Open maps for the SolarWinds Platform in Network Atlas
- Displaying maps in the SolarWinds Platform Web Console