How custom views/classic dashboards work in the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
Orion Web Console dashboards, or views, are configurable pages of network information that can include maps, charts, summary lists, reports, events, and links to other resources. Summary views provide data about multiple objects. Detail views provide more information for a specific object.
For example, the default Summary view displays an overview of all monitored nodes. Clicking on a node in the Summary view opens the Node Details page for that node, where you can see all of the statistics monitored for that device.
To customize views, or dashboards, the user must have the following privileges set to Yes:
- Manage Dashboards to create, customize, and delete dashboards owned by the logged-in user.
- Manage Views to also manage classic dashboards.
- Allow Administrator Rights to create, customize, and delete both private and public dashboards.
How to customize views/classic dashboards
- Plan what should be on the view
- Create an empty view
- Add widgets to the view
- Divide information into subviews
- Limit objects on a view
- Optimize views for TV screens or mobile devices
- Use a view as a template
- Specify views for device
- Customize the Custom Summary view
- Add external website views
- Delete views
- Widget configuration examples