On this page
For SolarWinds Service Desk (SWSD) Discovery connections, SolarWinds currently supports only local domain accounts; Active Directory accounts are not supported.
SolarWinds Platform products supported are:
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- Network Configuration Manager (NCM)
- Server and Application Monitor (SAM)
A running instance of the Discovery scanner is required and SolarWinds Platform credentials are needed to connect the scanner to the SolarWinds Platform.
SWSD Discovery Scanner pulls the following from SolarWinds Platform:
SolarWinds strongly recommends that you review Best practices before setting up a connection.
Setup > Discovery & Assets > Connections.
Navigate to Setup > Discovery & Assets > Connections.
From the All Connections index page, click the Add icon and select SolarWinds Platform nodes from the dropdown.
Use the information below to help in configuration.Fields with a red asterisk (*) are required.
Create a meaningful name that will provide you with significant data to help identify the location of the node or the type of devices that are part of it.
Name and description are for your ease and convenience. This information does not affect the scanning process.
Provide a meaningful description of the data.
Select a scanner from the dropdown menu.
SolarWinds Platform server
Administrator user name
SolarWinds Platform password
Click Create on the top right of the screen to save the connection.
See Connections for information about:
- Scanned ports and a list of the default ports scanned via Nmap
- How to run an on-demand scan
- How to pull a Last Scan Report
- What data is pulled during Discovery through connections
- Pulling fields from a mobile device via Intune
- Obtaining management data from remote computers via WMI