On this page
Email provides an efficient way to enhance your service team's communication. It allows for collaboration with your users on incidents and service requests and notification updates regarding request status. They also help you maintain a positive user experience.
SWSD allows administrators to customize your service desk emails to match your corporate branding. This includes:
- Customization of all emails throughout the incident lifecycle
Global and personal email settings for:
For more information, see Notifications.
Setup > Service Desk > Notifications.
- A service organization can:
- Name service interactions as tickets instead of incidents.
- Customize a call to action for specific communications.
- Publish a general How to Contact Us in the email header or footer.
- Use email templates to communicate important service announcements to customers, for example, hours of operations surrounding holidays.
- Standardize email footers to include compliance, confidentiality, or other legal notices.
By using the email customization options you can modify system-generated emails to align with your corporate branding and usage guidelines. In addition, personalization helps drive adoption by your service requesters and increases productivity and usability.
Administrators can personalize their company's signature through a global, company-wide setting or per email template. They can also let users change their own personal signatures.
See Email sections.
User personal signatures
Allow users to create personal signatures (Administrators)
Administrators can allow users to customize their personal signature. To do so:
Navigate to Setup > Global Setting > Email Signature.
Under Global Sections, hover your mouse over Signature, and then click the pencil icon.
Email Signature and select Users permitted to customize their personal signature.
After the global setting is established, users can follow the instructions below to customize their own personal signature.
Create a personal signature (Users)
- Click on your avatar on the top right of your screen (often displays your initials, avatar or profile picture).
- Select My Account.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Edit your text.
- Click Save.
SWSD includes a number of templates that can be used to notify assignees and/or requesters of an event on corresponding incidents and/or changes. Administrators can use the out-of-the box templates or customize to meet your organization's needs. For a list of out-of-the-box email notification templates, see Email notification templates.
Variables can be used in any email. When you select a tab a list of the variables displays on the right. From there you can copy any variable by hovering over the variable name and then clicking Copy to the right of the variable.
The following variables are available: