IT organizations rely on the most up-to-date and actionable data at their fingertips to ensure stability and business continuity. The reports and analytics built into SWSD are designed to provide you with high visibility into your service desk operations, allowing you to pinpoint bottlenecks and address inefficiencies quickly and easily.
The reports provided via the Analytics section of SWSD cover a wide range of topics and are fully customizable and editable to hone in on the specific data you want to review.
- The index and reports pages share the same process for filters and parameters to allow for easy customization of data output. (See List view for information on customizing.)
- By creating a rectangle over an area of your report data (over the bars in breakdown reports or the timeline in reports over-time) you can zoom in to obtain a more granular view.
- The X- and Y-axis are clearly labeled.
- Enjoy consistency around text, colors, labels, bars, and data formats across all reports.
Analytics > Reports.
Everyone has access to the Reports module, but each person can see only the data they have permissions to see in those reports. For example, if someone doesn’t have permission to view Asset data then that person wont be able to see asset data in a report.
On the left pane of your screen is a table of contents for the different types of reports.
The My Reports section shows the reports you have created and saved.
Templates is a repository of all out-of-the-box reports, broken down by category.
If you are unsure which report holds the information you are looking for, consider the following facts and questions to better understand reports categorization.
|All Templates||Displays all the reports you have access to.|
The Incidents Management section is made up of several reports that all focus on different aspects of how incidents are addressed. The reports can answer questions such as:
See Incidents Management reports for more information on the specific reports available.
Time Centric contains Reports that directly correlate tickets with the time spent by agents to work on and resolve those tickets. These reports provide answers to questions such as:
Additional information is available inReports: Time Centric.
|Service Level Management||
Service Level Management reports provide statistics as they relate to workload and SLA breaches. They can help provide focus in answering questions such as:
View reports based on customer feedback on tickets.
Reports on the number of tasks and their resolution, answering questions such as:
Additional information is available on Tasks management.
Problems/Changes/Releases provides a comparative analysis of the tickets falling under the described categories.
For more on Problems/Changes/Releases reports, see Report: Change over time.
Solutions Management reports focus on which solutions work best for the agents in your organization. They analyze questions such as:
Asset Management allows you to:
See Assets management for more information on the specific reports available.
Chat analyzes how chats are used within SWSD to address tickets.
Additional information is available on Chat reports.
To view all reports you have access to, navigate to Analytics > Reports.
Reports landing page
The Reports landing page can be presented in List or Gallery view.
Both views allow you to drag-and-drop reports in the order you wish for them to appear.
Select List for List View.
This view is recommended when you have many reports. It consolidates the text on your screen to display an increased number of report descriptions to assist in locating the specific report you need.
This view is also preferred by veteran users who are familiar with their reports and can easily navigate to the report they need.
Select Gallery for Gallery View.
Gallery view is recommended when you are not certain of which report will address your inquiry. The gallery tiles provide visual information that can help you make a decision.
Edit and filter reports
In each report, you can edit and filter the data to focus on specific areas of interest. The example below focuses on a report from the Incident Management section for the report titled Incidents Over Time.
To edit the content displaying in the report, click Add Filter.
In the new Edit View pane to the left of the report, select the PARAMETERS tab to set new parameters for report criteria. The parameter options can change based on the specific report you are viewing.
- Time Frame: All, Last day, Last 14 days, Last 30 days, Last 60 days, Last 90 days, Week to date, Month to day, Last week, or Last month.
- Resolution: Day, week, month or hour
- Time Scope: Created Time, Assignment Time, Resolved Time, Closed Time, First Touch Resolution, or Due Date Time
- Stack By: None, State, Assignee, Requester, Site, Department, Category, Subcategory, and all other ticket fields
- Limit: Refers to the number of bars that will be presented in the report
To edit the content displaying in the report, click Add Filter.
In the new Edit View pane to the left of the report, select the Filter tab to establish attributes to determine the scope of the information you wish to display.
Edit the view of a specific report
In each report, there are several icons in the upper right.
Display lets you toggle between different report layouts.
Save as New lets you save any changes you made while viewing the report. The saved report will appear in the My Reports section.Some options are not available for all reports.
Ellipsis allows you to:
- Export the report to PDF.
- Show/hide labels - When you select to show labels, you will see the number of incidents in each stack by value.
- Table view - Select this to open a new window that provides a clear view of each entity composed in the report.
After you have created and saved a new report, the Ellipsis icon offers additional options. You can:
- Schedule report.
- Export to PDF.
- Share - The report is a snapshot which does not auto-update, therefore the recipient will see the information presented by the specific time the report was saved for sharing.
- Show labels.
- Return to table view.
- Delete the report.
Use Zoom Feature
In each report, you can zoom in on a specific section to see more granular data.
Place your cursor to the left of the section you want to zoom in on, and the click and drag to the right to zoom.
To return to the original report format, click Reset zoom .
Drill down into data
In each report you can double-click on any data point to drill down into the data. A new tab in your browser opens displaying the data in list form.
Fore more information on customizing your view, see List view.