On this page
Before creating a Discovery connection in SolarWinds Service Desk (SWSD):
- Review Best practices.
- Confirm requirements are met:
- Supported vCenter version for Discovery connection: VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 or above
- Type: vCenter Server with an embedded Platform Services Controller
Setup > Discovery & Assets > Connections.
Navigate to Setup > Discovery & Assets > Connections.
From the All Connections index page, click the Add icon and select vCenter from the dropdown.
Use the information below to help in configuration.Fields with a red asterisk (*) are required. In addition, credentials are required when you select vCenter connections.
Name of the vCenter, for internal use only. Will not affect the scanning process.
A meaningful description, for internal use only, Will not affect the scanning process.
Select the relevant scanning device from the dropdown menu.
Router’s IP address
Administrator user name
Click Create on the top right of the screen to save the connection.
See Connections for information about:
- Scanned ports and a list of the default ports scanned via Nmap
- How to run an on-demand scan
- How to pull a Last Scan Report
- What data is pulled during Discovery through connections
- Pulling fields from a mobile device via Intune
- Obtaining management data from remote computers via WMI