- New configuration option
InsertSqlTagadded to allow trace context in queries. See InsertSqlTag in Configure the .NET Library.
- Updated to liboboe 11.0.0 to support using the AppOptics endpoint with default certificates.
- Updates were made to .NET Core/5+ async database instrumentation.
- Support for a new unified metrics format with an update to liboboe 10.6.1. See SolarWinds Observability October 2022 release notes for details of the unified metrics, why you should upgrade your library, and follow up actions that may be necessary after upgrading your library.
- Added configuration setting
solarwinds_apm.configfile, which can be used to set the SolarWinds APM collector endpoint.
- Updated the Windows installer to set the
- The diagnostic tool was improved to include better messaging during the installation.
- The .NET SDK updated to support W3C Trace Context headers. See Migrate .NET from AppOptics to SolarWinds Observability, SDK Updates for details of the SDK changes.
- Reports the SolarWinds Observability Agent's client ID so the relationship between the host entity and the services entity is detected and shown in SolarWinds Observability.
- Formatting of library logs and logging of configuration settings is improved.
- Diagnostic tool updates:
/Timeoutoption is now available to configure, environment variables are reported, and registry settings on Windows are reported.
- Initial SolarWinds Observability .NET Library release.
© 2022 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.