- Improved custom transaction name SDK.
- The SDK for the Java Library is published to Maven Central.
- Support for a new unified metrics format with an update to liboboe 10.6.1. See SolarWinds Observability October 2022 release notes for details of the unified metrics, why you should upgrade your library, and follow up actions that may be necessary after upgrading your library.
- Fixed transaction name mismatch for Spring transactions.
- Fixed JDBC span issue for DMLs.
- Disable the library for unsupported JDK versions.
- The library now reports the SolarWinds Observability Agent's client ID so the relationship between the host entity and the services entity is detected and shown in SolarWinds Observability.
- Several configuration options are no longer required in the config file.
- Configuration options can now be set using system properties.
- The key name of a key/value pair in the Init message sent to the collector is changed from
- Java Library logs can be redirected to a file.
- The Java Library is now disabled if the Service key is not configured properly.
- Fixed a
NullPointerExceptionwhen some settings are not available.
- The Java Library now uses the the SolarWinds APM collector's certificate instead of a built-in certificate. See SolarWinds Observability System Requirements for the Services entity.
- Added the library-ready checker API.
- Upgraded the Java Library to use OpenTelemetry v1.12.1.
- Updated to report data to the latest collector endpoint. See SolarWinds Observability System Requirements for the Services entity.
- Added a benchmark suite, based on the OpenTelemetry Java agent's benchmark-overhead suite.
- Reduced the artifact file size by half, from roughly 50 MB to 25 MB.
- Internal clean-ups and dependency upgrades.
- Initial SolarWinds Observability Java Library release.
© 2022 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.