These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in the SolarWinds Observability Ruby Library.
Common APM library updates: update to liboboe 12.2.0
- AWS and Azure VM metadata is reported for Service and Host correlation.
- liboboe is upgraded to version 12.1.0. liboboe 12.1.0 adds the ability to retrieve AWS EC2 and Azure VM metadata, fixes a threading locking issue, and allows messages to be ingested without an HTTP status code tag applied.
RemoteHostis sanitized in the library code.
- Updated liboboe to version 12.0.0. liboboe 12.0.0 restores support of alpine 3.12, upgrades gRPC to v1.51.1, upgrades boost to 1.80.0, and removes support for CentOS, Redhat 7, and ubuntu 16.04.
- AmazonLinux is an alternative for the RHEL distro.
- Updated to the latest redis-rb gem (> 5.x) .
- Updated liboboe to version 11.1.0. liboboe 11.1.0 re-enables the UUID field for better Init messages.
- Support added for arm64/aarch64 architectures.
- Updated to liboboe 11.0.0 to support using the AppOptics endpoint with default certificates.
- Support for a new unified metrics format with an update to liboboe 10.6.1. See SolarWinds Observability October 2022 release notes for details of the unified metrics, why you should upgrade your library, and follow up actions that may be necessary after upgrading your library.
- Disabled profiling
- Initial SolarWinds Observability Ruby library release.
© 2023 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.