View the Component Monitor Library in SAM
Component monitors are the building blocks of SAM templates. Each template and application monitor consists of multiple component monitors designed to poll for specific metrics about an application, process, or event. For an overview, see Work with SAM Component Monitors.
To access the Component Monitor Library:
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click SAM Settings.
- Under Component Monitors, click Component Monitor Library.
Component monitors are grouped by monitor type in the tree view; each includes two numbers:
- The first number represents the number of application monitor templates that contain the specified component monitor.
- The second number represents the number of application monitors that contain the specified component monitor.
Expand a component monitor to display the following categories:
- Templates that contain the specified component monitor
- Application monitors that contain the component monitor
Expand a category to display the names of the templates or application monitors in the category. Click the name of a template or application monitor to open a page where you can edit the item.
To access a list of component monitors in online help, click here.