Use the Real-Time Process Explorer in SAM
The Real-Time Process Explorer (RTPE) displays monitored and unmonitored processes for WMI and SNMP monitored nodes directly in SAM. The advantage of the RTPE is that you no longer need to physically or remotely log into a computer and run the Task Manager to retrieve that machine's vital statistics.
Note the following details about the Real-Time Process Explorer:
- You can access the RTPE from the Management widget on Application Details views and Node Details view.
- Only SAM administrators can end processes or enable/disable the RTPE.
- The User Name and Command Line columns are hidden by default.
- On nodes monitored via ICMP, you'll need to enter Windows credentials manually each time you use the RTPE. Consider promoting the selected node to SNMP or WMI to avoid this issue.
Pop-ups must be enabled for the Real-Time Process Explorer to be viewed.
To access the Real-Time Process Explorer:
- Click My Dashboards > Applications > SAM Summary page.
- In the All Applications group, drill down to an application and click it.
In the Management widget, click Real-Time Process Explorer.
The Real-Time Process Explorer displays processes related to the application and node.
Select a process and click an option at the top of the widget to control polling, use different credentials, end a process, or start monitoring one.
To learn more, see: