Discover your environment with SAM
After deploying SAM, identify elements in your environment that you want to monitor and add them to the SolarWinds Platform database, as described in the following topics:
- What should I monitor in SAM?
- Discover your servers and applications in SAM
- Add discovered servers and applications to SAM
You can add traditional physical servers, AWS EC2 instances, Azure VMs, Nutanix clusters, applications, and other items (for example, external websites) as nodes to be monitored.
- To automatically discover and add a large number of items, use the Network Sonar Discovery and Network Sonar Results Wizards. For an overview, watch this video.
- To begin monitoring an individual item, add a single node, as shown in this video.