Use the Add Node wizard to add application monitors to nodes in SAM
In addition to using the Application Discovery wizard to add nodes, you can use the Add Node wizard to add an application monitor to a node. After SAM discovers available resources on the new node and you select what to monitor, you'll be prompted to add application monitors for application(s) on the new node. Later, you can modify the assigned application monitors for a node, as necessary.
To use the Add Node wizard to add an application monitor to a node:
- To add a node, click Settings > All Settings > Add Node.
- When the Add Node Wizard appears, provide details on the Define Node tab, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Resources tab, select what you want to monitor.
- On the Add Application Monitors tab, use the Show Only drop-down list to select a category of application monitors and display a list of Component Types.
- Select the application monitor(s) you want to assign.
- Select or enter the appropriate credentials, and then click Next.
- On the Change Properties page, modify information as needed.
- Click OK to finish adding the node.