Edit component monitors in templates and application monitors
Through the Manage Application Monitor Templates page, you can modify component monitors used in templates and application monitors. To see a list of the monitors in a template, select the template on the Manage Application Monitor Templates page and click Edit.
Changes made to component monitors in templates are automatically applied to application monitors created from the template, which occurs when you assign a template to a node. You can use this inheritance relationship to make bulk changes quickly.
You can edit monitors individually, edit multiple monitors of the same type simultaneously, as well as disable or delete monitors in a template. To modify the specific configuration of a monitor, edit it individually.
Some component monitors in AppInsight templates have default settings that cannot be modified due to dependencies.
You can simultaneously edit multiple component monitors in a template.
- Multi-Edit: A prompt displays with editing options specific to the type of monitors selected. For example, the Fetching Method for the three Services selected can be changed from RPC to WMI.
Different types of monitors have different options available for editing.
- Assign Credentials: Modify the credentials for the selected monitors.
- Test: Run a communication test on the monitors using agent or agentless communication as configured.
- Set Test Node: Modify the test node for communication tests.
- Disable/Enable: Start and stop polling for the monitor.
- Delete: Permanently remove the monitor.
To reorder monitors, drag and drop them in the table view, or use the green arrows. This new order is respected only in the All Applications and Application Details widgets.
You can disable component monitors in templates and application monitors, as needed. The monitor remains in the SAM but doesn't collect data. Select the check box for the monitor you want to turn off and click Disable.
To permanently delete a component monitor from a SAM template:
- When editing a template, select the monitor you want to remove and click Delete.
- Confirm by clicking Yes. The monitor is permanently removed from the template.