Integrate AppOptics monitoring with AppInsight for IIS nodes
If your environment includes SAM and SolarWinds AppOptics, you can integrate those products to add an extra layer of information to nodes already being monitored by AppInsight for IIS, enabling you to:
- Gain a code-level look into your AppInsight for IIS applications.
- Monitor the performance of custom IIS-based, .NET applications.
- Cross-reference application, server, and infrastructure metrics side-by-side in the same dashboard.
- Check the status of application stacks and see how tiers of applications interact with each other.
- Determine which databases and users that applications send information to.
- Identify if issues are network-, server-, or application-related so you can route them to the right team.
Here are some benefits of integrating AppOptics with IIS nodes monitored in SAM:
|Custom application performance monitoring|
|Deep application performance visualization and tracing|
|Application dependency mapping|
|Collect Hyper-V and ESX health and performance metrics|
|Server volume monitoring and capacity planning|
|Server hardware health and performance monitoring|
|Built-in alerts and reporting|
After adding AppOptics to an IIS node, visualizations of key metrics — such as a breakdown of response time into applications, remote calls, and database queries — appear on the subview of the IIS Application Pool Details page, as shown in this example.
To get started with your integration, see: