SAM Administrator Guide
Current version: SAM 2023.4
SolarWinds SAM gives you the tools to monitor your applications and environment through a single web console. SAM includes custom collections of templates, application monitors, and alerts to intelligently monitor application status and issues. Monitor over 250 application types including application servers, authentication servers, database servers, and more.
This guide provides an overview of product features and related technologies. In addition to describing how to use SAM, it contains recommended best practices and troubleshooting tips. If you're new to SAM, we recommend reviewing the SAM Getting Started Guide first.
Download a PDF.
Server & Application Monitor features
SolarWinds Platform features
SAM uses many of the common features included in the SolarWinds Platform, the core architecture for the SolarWinds IT Management portfolio.
Here are some additional learning resources for SAM:
- Access SAM online help to learn about individual SAM views and widgets.
- To install or upgrade SAM, review Install or Upgrade SAM and then consult the SolarWinds Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- If you're new to SAM, we recommend reviewing the SAM Getting Started Guide.
- Visit the SolarWinds Success Center for training resources and support articles.
- Check out the SAM product forum in our online IT community, THWACK, to connect with SolarWinds developers, product managers, and other SAM users. Download templates, reports, scripts and more to customize and extend SAM.