Use Orion Remote Collectors with SAM
- Use Orion agent technology to communicate with the Orion Platform.
- Do not require a direct connection to the Orion database.
- Are easy to deploy in remote locations, thanks to their simplified architecture.
- Can poll and store data up to 24 hours with no connection to the polling engine, making them useful for unreliable networks, DMZs, and devices that don’t support agents.
Polling jobs run independently of the Main Polling Engine and any Additional Polling Engines (APEs). Results are stored locally, and then forwarded to the Orion server via agents.
Note the following details about using Orion Remote Collectors with SAM:
- You cannot add ORCs to nodes already being monitored by Orion agents (for example, via AppInsight for IIS).
- In Network Automation Manager (NAM) deployments that combine NPM and SAM, ORCs are used for supported SAM features only.
- The following SAM features do not currently support ORC polling:
- The following SAM component monitors do not currently support ORC polling:
To display ORCs currently deployed in your environment:
- Click Settings > All Settings > Manage Agents.
- On the Manage Agents page, click the Remote Collectors tab.
To learn more about Orion Remote Collectors, see the Scalability Engine Guidelines.